Every year, CAM recognizes excellence and diversity throughout the city’s rich landscape with the presentations of the CAMMIE Awards. We are excited to announce the following cultural organizations as judges for the 2017 CAMMIE Awards; San Antonio Museum of Art, McNay Art Museum, Southwest School of Art, Blue Star Contemporary, Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center, Carver Community Cultural Center and Artpace.
Congratulations to 2017 CAMMIE winners and thank you to our participating cultural organization judges.
- McNay Art Museum: Rigoberto Luna as Best Curator for his exhibition at Presa House Gallery, three new exhibitions featuring new work by Suzy González, Ruben Luna, and Allison Valdivia.
- Artpace: CINNABAR curatorial of MAGIC TIME MACHINE, Ana Fernandez’s paintings and Hiromi Stringer’s drawings.
- Blue Star Contemporary: “Most Transcendent, Aurally Stimulating Award: Nathan Felix‘s “From Those Who Follow Echoes” Nathan Felix “Choir: From Those Who Follow The Echoes”.
- Carver Community Cultural Center: Ethel Shipton Vacancy Project: Texas Swing/ The Cross road
- Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center: For creating an outstanding exhibition, a multimedia solo-show LUJURIA, featuring Michael Martinez curated by Lady Base Gallery.
- San Antonio Museum of Art: Christine Zuercher’s Distant Transmissions at Clamp Light Artist Studios and Gallery.
- Southwest School of Art: Jessica Halonen an award for “Most Poetic Exploration of Single Color” for her show at Mosaic At Blue Star Contemporary,The Blue Hour (A clock stopped).
- The Best of CAM – People’s Choice online voting: Jose Balli – Border and Boujie at @Agora Gallery.